Saturday, August 23, 2014

7 Non-Touristy Things To Do In: San Francisco

It is no secret that I love to travel! Traveling is probably my favorite thing about living. When ever I am away, I like to immerse myself in the culture as much as possible, and the only way to do that is to step away from the "tourist traps." Now you obviously have to see the classic things in any city you go to, but when it comes to the rest of the days you spend in a place, try and experience the alternative!

The first place I want to write about is the incredible city of San Francisco, California. I've been going to SF all my life and have certainly found some amazing gems! Hope you enjoy!

1. Katana-Ya
By far my favorite ramen I have ever tried in San Francisco. Katana-Ya is authentic and extremely small. Make sure to get there early because the line can be crazy. But locals have nothing but amazing things to say about it.

2. Four Barrel Coffee
In the Mission neighborhood of SF is the incredible Four Barrel Coffee. Came here for the first time on my last trip and fell in love. The coffee is incredible (they roast all of the beans in house) and the staff is so friendly and willing to help.

3. Wasteland
If you love boutique style shopping and fun original pieces, then Wasteland is definitely the place for you. Endless racks of cool vintages pieces and independent fashion labels fill the store. You can also resell your used clothes there as well.

4. Plow
Probably one of the cutest brunch places in San Francisco. Everybody rants and raves about their amazing pancakes and eggs. It is decorated so rustic and fresh at the same time. It's a must try for breakfast and brunch people.

5. Outerlands
Another amazing breakfast place, Outerlands is rustic and so cozy. The entire restaurant is made out of distressed wood. It's so beautiful and they have the cutest chalkboard drinks menu.

6. Park Life
Park Life is such an amazing independent shop. They have beautiful graphic t-shirts, rad art and design books. It's one of those really fun nicknack shops.

7. Blue Bottle Coffee
This is my favorite Blue Bottle location because it's in the Ferry Building. The Ferry Building has an amazing vibe. Blue Bottle makes incredible lattes.

Hope you guys enjoyed this travel blog post!

xx
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment