Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Autumn & Winter Lipsticks

Now that the weather is getting a bit colder, I love to bring out my darker lipsticks. Red, wine, and berry shades look amazing and quite festive, which definitely fits the time of year. Here are a few of my favorites.


From left to right: NARS Lipstick in Red Lizard, MAC Matte Viva Glam I, Rimmel London Lasting Finish By Kate in 107, Rimmel London Lasting Finish By Kate in 01, AVON Ultra Color Absolute in Radiant Raisin, and Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gel in Cabaret.


I tried to mix drugstore and high end just so everyone has options. The quality of all of them are amazing anyways, but sometimes it's nice to splurge a bit. I never used to be a lipstick person, but recently I've fallen in love with them because they completely dress up a simple makeup look.

First off is NARS Red Lizard. This is one of the most pigmented lipsticks I have; high pigmentation is definitely something NARS is known for. Although one of the rather expensive lipsticks of the bunch, I think it is totally worth the money. It has a really long wear and the color is gorgeous.

Who doesn't love a good MAC lipstick? I have to admit that I am not the biggest MAC fan you will ever meet, but I really love this lipstick. It's part of the Viva Glam collection. The color is almost a brown toned red and looks really good on many different skin tones.

The Kate Moss Rimmel Collection is probably my favorite drug store collection because the lipsticks are so high quality for the price. They are really affordable and are all beautiful colors. 107 and 01 are my favorites because they are both really deep reds.

I never really tried much of AVON's makeup until now. I received this lipstick in the goodie bag at the Nicholas K show at fashion week and I fell in love with it. They had the color on the models and it paired so well with the Autumn Winter collection. Also, I never thought I would wear a purple lip color but it's actually really flattering.

I am a huge fan of Marc Jacobs and when I found out he was coming out with a cosmetics line, I freaked out. This lipstick came in a promotional set that Sephora had a few months back. It stays on all day and the color is so beautiful and pigmented.

If you are not a dark lipstick girl, I hope this inspires you to try something new this season and next!

What Autumn and Winter lipsticks can you not live with out? Comment down below!

xx
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment