Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Black & White Cookies

I wish that I could bake every day of my life. Especially cookies. I've been making a lot of cookies lately for friends and family, and they've all been asking for recipes so I knew I had to write them down and blog them. So here is the first recipe. It's my black & white cookies. This recipe is a slightly adapted version of the white & milk chocolate ones that Tanya Burr made in a video.


Make sure to tell me how you like them if you make them!


Ingredients You Will Need:


200g butter
300g granulated sugar
1 egg
325g self raising flour
dash of milk
100g of milk chocolate
100g of dark chocolate

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F*

First step is to mix together your room temperature butter and sugar with an electric whisk or Kitchen Aid (that's what I'm using here.) Just mix it until creamed together.


Next step is to crack in the egg and whisk it in as well.


Now take your flour and gradually add it in. (Make sure you don't put all of the flour in at one time because it will be a disaster, trust me.)


If it looks a little dry once it's been mixed all together, then this is the point where you could add a dash of milk.


Now is the chance to put away the mixer and start using your hands or a spoon. Break up the chocolate into chunks and evenly mix it into the cookie dough.


Once the chocolate is mixed through, start forming balls of dough. I got about 16 out of the batch.


When that is done, put the cookies in the oven for about 16 minutes, swapping the trays positions about half way through so that each tray can get enough time under the heat.


Once they are done, take them out and let them cool for at least 20 minutes.


Voila! The cookies are finally done!


I hope you guys have fun!

xx
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment