Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Music Spotlight: Halsey


I recently talked about Halsey in a recent blog post after the release of her new music video, Ghost, but I felt like it was necessary to talk about her again. I discovered her about a year ago because of her involvement with a band I like... (aka love), 5 Seconds of Summer. Halsey is, in my opinion, one of the best songwriters of my generation. Her music only to be described as dark indie pop. She is only 20 years old and writes all of her own music. Originally hailing from New Jersey/New York, Halsey (aka Ashley Frangipane), draws a lot of her lyrical inspiration from being a unique teenager in New York. She is in the process of releasing her new album, BADLANDS, in August, and is currently touring as the opening act for Imagine Dragons. I was extremely lucky enough to meet her at Coachella this year and she was so incredibly sweet. She told me, "Touring with Imagine Dragons this summer is going to be really different for me because most of my songs are about sex and other things, and this is a completely different audience. Now I have to try and be 'family friendly Halsey'. But I'm extremely excited." Apart from her music, she also has the most incredible style and iconic blue hair.


If you don't know who Halsey is now, I'm sure you will be hearing a lot about her really soon.

You can pre-order her new album BADLANDS here!

xx
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment