Friday, August 7, 2015

My Music Festival Survival Guide


I have been to my fair share of music festivals. After a lot of practice, I think I have finally come up with a decent guide on how to survive. If you have never been to a festival, and are planning to in the future, here are my tips.

1. If you are going with a group of friends, have a meeting spot. Cell service at any festival is awful and getting a hold on your friends can be really difficult. So make sure before you split up, that you have a easy meeting spot.

2. Go in with a plan, especially if there are quite a few artists you want to see. Take pictures of the lineup and set times. It will save a headache.

3. Wear comfortable shoes. I can not stress this enough. I happen to be a "cuteness before comfort" type of person, so find something cute and comfortable. Converse, Vans, or even cute boots/booties. And make sure you don't mind if they will get ruined, because they probably will.

4. Drink a lot of water. A couple of years back at Coachella, I almost fainted due to dehydration and missed Tame Impala. I will forever regret not doing the simplest thing ever… DRINKING WATER.

5. SUNSCREEN!! This is probably one of the most important parts. I went to Warped Tour a few days ago and got one of the worst sunburns of my life before 3pm. Make sure to reapply it every few hours.

6. Portable phone chargers will be your best friend. You will probably be taking quite a few photos and video, which drains battery really quickly. You can buy a charger for as cheap as $10. It is completely worth it.

7. This is really only a tip for rock shows, but if you can't handle mosh pits, do not stand in the middle of the crowd. Mosh pits can get mental really fast. So if you don't like them, stand towards the back so you can enjoy the show.

I hope these tips help make your festival experience more enjoyable!!

xx
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment