Sunday, October 4, 2015

My Life In Suitcases

Hi everyone! I have been completely absent from this blog for quite a while because I made a huge and crazy life decision… I moved my entire life to London, England for college! For as long as I can remember, I have dreamt of living in London for a least a few years of my life and I decided that college was the perfect time. So I applied, got accepted and packed up my entire life into 5 huge suitcases (mostly filled with clothes, obviously.)

This past month and a half has honestly been one of the weirdest times of my entire life. I have experienced stress, excitement, fear, loneliness and hopefulness all at once. I have been feeling so homesick these past few weeks, missing my family and California like crazy. At points, I've wanted to quit. But when I take a step back and look at the journey that I have started, I can't help but be really proud of myself already. I'm only 18. I get mad at myself when I feel homesick because I know that so many people would love to be in my shoes right now. Then I remember that I need to give myself the benefit of the doubt because the way I'm feeling is perfectly normal. When you are taken out of your comfort zone, you tend to close yourself off and get upset. And it's okay to get upset but I don't want that to hold me back from enjoying the hell out of my 3 years here.

I have been extremely lucky to have already met some friends that I know I will have for a lifetime. Being in this city will only give me independence and experiences that I will forever be grateful for.

I just wanted to give you guys a little update on everything that has been going on with me at the moment. I'm going to try my hardest to blog, YouTube and Instagram as much as I can so you guys can go on this crazy journey with me. So stay tuned for some great stuff!

xx
Ashley

Follow me on YouTube here!

And Instagram here!

No comments:

Post a Comment