Sunday, September 14, 2014

5 Things To Do Before Any Vacation

Traveling is a huge part of my life and is something that I hope will be a part of it for the rest of my life as well. I have certainly learned a lot while traveling, wether it was good or bad and I have also discovered some fun things to do as well, so I thought I would share them with you.




1. Print out EVERYTHING!
This is crucial and extremely important. Make sure you have all reservations printed and the information for where you are staying, especially if you are traveling abroad. Trust me, you would rather be over prepared then under prepared. This will be your saving grace.


2. Have a new fragrance that you take with you.
My mom and I started doing this on our first trip to Europe and it was one of the cutest ideas! We went shopping before our trip and we both agreed on Jo Malone Bluebell. Now every single time we smell it, it reminds us of that incredible trip. Because our memory is triggered by scent, its such a meaningful idea.


3. Check the weather of your destination!
This is the best way to find out what you should pack. Make sure you check the weather for the whole deration of your trip too! I have certainly assumed that the weather would be nice when it wasn't and it was definitely a mess!


4. Don't plan out everything.
One of the best things about traveling is having the ability to be spontaneous. That's one thing that I don't like about organized travel groups, you don't have to time to do anything yourself. Go to the little cute restaurant on the corner. Rent a car and just drive or walk around the city.


5. Order a car from the airport or train station to your destination
This will save you so much confusion and time. Ordering a car will usually cost you the same amount as a taxi and is completely worth it if you are not familiar with the city. The first time I was in Paris, we took the Metro to our hotel and wandered around for about an hour with heavy luggage to find it. Not to mention all of the stairs in the Metro itself.

Hope you liked this blog post and the cheesy photos as well!

xx
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment